Unrefined organic shea butter is a wonderful product for conditioning and styling your hair. The yellow waxy substance is extracted fat from the African shea tree and is known for many things such as a body moisturizer or treatment for sunburn, but it also has numerous hair benefits.
Shea butter promotes healthy hair due to its vitamin, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E protects the scalp from becoming dry and flaky. The antioxidants stimulate hair growth and the anti-inflammatory properties heal eczema and psoriasis. The butter also helps to protect your strands from sun damage or heat damage from styling tools.
There are many different ways to apply shea butter to your hair and scalp. Here are some to try:
• Massage melted shea butter into an itchy scalp to eliminate irritation.
• Apply a small amount of melted shea butter to your strands before styling to prevent heat damage.
• Saturate a section of your hair with a mixture of shea butter and coconut oil before curling.
• Rub shea butter between your palms until it is soft and apply to damp hair to detangle any knots.
• To moisturize your hair, heat a little shea butter and mix with olive oil. Apply after spritzing with water for hydrated and soft hair.
• For a one-time hair treatment simply heat two tablespoons of shea butter and coconut oil. Add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture and apply to damp hair.
Eugenia Shea uses unrefined shea butter harvested from all-female co-operatives in Northern Ghana to make their line of products.
Founded in 2014, by former Wall Street analyst, Naa-Saakle Akuete, Eugenia Shea is a family-run enterprise that provides not only a wonderful beauty product, but also gives back to the Ghanaian community. Eugenia Shea donates 15% of their profits to female workers in Ghana. Eugenia Shea is dedicated to fair wages for Ghanaian females and have established an education fund for women to pursue educational and training opportunities.
Eugenia Shea offers all sorts of different strengths for shea butter too, including their popular dermatological range: https://www.eugeniashea.com/products/dermatological-strength-shea-butter